Friday, August 07, 2009

Teh Halia

Girlfriend swears by it. A good cup of Ginger tea/teh halia will rejuvenate/revitalize any weary bone/body. Been under the weather lately. In Asia, this means a mean cup of freshly brewed sweeten milk tea with 3 tablespoon of freshly squeezed ginger juice. And the best cuppa, using the freshiest ginger, is from the corner indian drink stall in Tekka Market. Been residing here for the last 20 years and yesterday's visit to Tekka market was my 3rd. A sip of hot and spicy beverage sure was an experience and indeed a pick-me-up. The Indian Thosai with the sweet& sour condiments just the right savory breakfast with that cuppa.

1 comment:

stay-at-home mum said...

oh I didnt know that. Someone offered me a cup of teh halia the other day, and i turned it down. Next time I wont.