Monday, September 21, 2009

Alarm News

In the papers today, Thanks to the handy mobile phone, Alarm clock is on it's way to being extinct. Yes, I wake up to the serenade of ' Sting' while eldest is roused from slumber by her favourite korean singer. When my alarm clock ran out of battery, That was the beginning of the end of my Alarm clock. With the mobile phone, a variation of wake times can be set throughout the week. No more ear piercing sudden heart thumping shrills. Wonder how the clockmaker is going to reinvent and revamp this humble time keeper to stay afloat. An alarm clock that also takes picture and takes call, Perhaps?

4 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

I awake base on my stomach clock!

doc said...

& now with the latest PDAs, the camera, mp3 players, gameboys & pocket diaries may suffer the same fate!!

iml said...

SAHM:
Please explain.

Doc:
I know. I wear a watch but wipe out the mobile phone to check the time. I have a pocket diary, determine not to be enslaved to the phone, yet, I wipe out my mobile phone to enter schedules and appointments!!

stay-at-home mum said...

iml,
I awake base on instinct everyday. No longer depend on the alarm ..., an internal alarm that goes off before 5am every morning.