Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mobile Etiquette

She apologised for asking me again for a phone number I had sms her weeks ago. She explained that her husband had accidentally deleted all her sms while going through her mobile. It's a norm, she continued, for her husband to fiddle and spring clean her mobile now and then. The few of us who heard were startled. Does her husband not respect her privacy? Is it right for spouse to go through each other's mobile history and text messages? I don't and I do not expect him to go through mine. What is the etiquette on this issue?

3 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

I guess what each couple is comfortable and happy with is the proper etiquette for them.

My husband shares and reads my emails and FB account too. I do not expect him to go thru them, but if he does so be it, I have nothing to hide :P

doc said...

my wife is not so tech-savvy. often she can't receive sms, including mine, because her mailbox is full. so, i do the deleting for her.

Blur Ting said...

I think even couples are entitled to their own privacy.