Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Apple pie cinnamon buns


My craving has been nothing but healthy all along. I just found out today. When St cinnamon, was still around, I would always grab two traditional cinnnamon buns for lunch that's until I saw how huge a butter dollop they diligent placed on the flatten dough before rollingup kneading it. I stopped. Much too fattening!!!
And an apple pie to finish off a scrumptious dinner. Esp when the pastry simply melts in the mouth.

Cinnamon has been found to help the body become more sensitive to the insulin produced by itself. Boosting the mechanism of dealing with sugar by as much as 20 times.This write up by micro biologist Pooja Vig can be found in the ST sept 13 of the MYB pg.17

7 comments:

Las montañas said...

do you know that cinnamon powder can be used to fend off fungi infections on plants?

iml said...

L Montanas
Really??? My poor plants are being invaded by something white. I'll give it a try. txs.

Chris Sim said...

Yes Liling, that article extols the health benefits of Cinnamon, but stops short of saying APPLE PIE is healthy. That's my fav "dessert"!

Francis Ho said...

If you keep cinnamon sticks in the house, they help to ward off mosquitos and other insects. Try it! :)

iml said...

Chris
hehehe...Trying to make something sinful healthy;)
So where can I get the best apple pie? Jack's Place?

fh2o
Will give it a try to get rid off the fruit flies!!!

Anonymous said...

Yup, Cinnamon is believe to make insulin more snesitive and great for thos in pre-diabetic case. I bought a bottle of cinnamon poder in capsule form and occasional take it.. not sure if this is aurvedic or not... and don't forget to shake some connamonm when drinking coffee. :)

iml said...

Meeku
Hi!!since when did you become meeku? Ya, I remembered you telling me long ago of your cinnamon coffee.