Sunday, June 25, 2006

Rubber seeds anyone

Does anyone know where I can get rubber seeds in singapore?
It's these very seeds that my ancestors made their fortune upon
I would like to hold them in my hands


My maternal greatgrandpa came to Malaya in the 1900s,
made his fortune by owning acres of rubber plantation in Bentong Pahang
My grandpa confirmed his fortune by having 3 wives and 23 children
My uncles made a point to flaunt it till there were no more acres

My mum would tell us how women played mahjong while munching on kuah chee
The boys zoomimg around in their latest GM sport
Greatgrandma would shuffler around on her 3 inch gold
holding on to her beads praying for health and good fortune
for the house of "Man Lee"

4 comments:

Lam Chun See said...

I saw some when I went for my brisk walking exercise in MacRitchie Reservoir. You have to take the other route; the one near to the kayaking centre and not the usual cross-country route. If you want I can send you a photo of the location - maybe on Flickr.

iml said...

Thank you for the information. I will keep my eyes open the next time I am there.

Francis Ho said...

I read in the papers today that the government are now encouraging the planting of rubber trees now that synthetic rubber is getting to be quite expensive; hence the surge in rubber prices.

When I was a little kid, I used to pick 'em up from the 'jungle' behind our house.

c a r c a r said...

thanks... for bringing back my young time sweet memories...

i love to play with rubber seeds when i was young...

i almost forget how does it looks like untill i come here...