Thursday, February 09, 2006

That grey matter


Much has been said on maintaining that grey matter in our head. Use it or lose it. Keeping the synapse twitching by reading, learning a new skill, a new game or even a new language.
Out of interest I have picked up a new language 5 years ago. Japanese. The writing intrigues me. All the curly wurly hiragana. However, kanji( chinese character) is my nightmare. Into my unmentionable age, I am having a hard time memorising all these characters. It is times like this that my heart goes out to those poor children trying very hard to learn two languages or three silmulaneously. I am finally ready to throw in the towel.
I need to progress into learning a new skill. Pondering if I should take up something totally alien to me. I must be brave to venture into the unknown. Nothing ventured nothing gain. Life is all about constantly adapting to new situations.

No comments: