Monday, May 02, 2011

Lightning and Hammer

Never had there been more interest and enthusiasm on elections in Spore. For the the 1st time in many many years, 2.2m singaporean will get to vote for 82 out of the 87 seats on the 7th May. A walkover for MM Lee and his 4 other group representative constituency.

Huge crowd turns out to listen to the nightly rallies and memorabilia are used to show support and publicity.


I too have been following with interest for it's this constituency that is the fiercely contested. On one team it's the A list team from opposition on the other a foreign minister and 3 other members of parliment at stake.

How will the voters choose? MM Lee has spoken, choose wisely or ......

"The boss inspires fear; the leader inspires enthusiasm.
The boss says ‘I’; the leader says ‘we.’ "

2 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

On one side is one of the most credible opposition teams ever fielded, and the other is one of my favourite ministers. I really wonder who will win this round. I am glad I am not one of those that will affect this decision.

iml said...

SAHM:
It's going to be tough.