Monday, December 04, 2006

The rays


Indeed, Sentosa island needs a makeover. Visited the island last sunday after an 8 year interval. To my surprise, most of the attractions have closed or under upgrading. Have to admit, the underwater world has always been the sole reason for me taking visitors especially youngsters there. With anticipation, we headed straight for the cable car tower. Absorbing in the sights and views of the container port and the lush greenery of the island. Upon arrival, we check the route needed to get to the aquarium. The aquarium never fails to awe me. The huge groupers to the fragile weedy seahorses.
Schools of mantra rays swimming around the touching pool has my 9 year old daughter all excited as the mantra rays actually swims up to your hand.
Lunch at the beach was indeed another experience. Having a cool cloud weather helped. It was a delightful lunch by the beach watching children play. Prices were to my surprise reasonable and the food actually taste Good. Especially the indian fare.
I am glad I took up my daughter's strong request to see the rays in sentosa. Despite of all the works and the upgrading that is...

1 comment:

c a r c a r said...

i still remember i love to sun-tan at sentosa, before i have my part time study... always enjoy the sun sea sand there...

but definitely not those aquarium thingy, a bit too ex.