Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Niku


Theme for this week in singapore "Meatout week" Can we really enjoy our food without a least a sliver of meat? Even a fishball does make a different. I know my son can't. The statistic from AVA speaks volumes. We are carnivorous. I love my chicken wing from IKEA, I love my meat stewed in soya sauce, I love my raw fish porridge and I love my stew duck.
The realisation of how meat are "produced" do make me feel guilty.
The exent we go to, just to satisfy our unsatiable craving for meat. Can we close one eye, plea ignorant and continue enjoying our roast?
More should be done to encourage less meat and more delicious vegetables recipes.

5 comments:

c a r c a r said...

oh..what's the food in the pic? looks special thou.

same here, im a meat lover.

hey one day we meet for lunch over ikea ok?

Chris Sim said...

Oh! You just reminded me of the fabulous chickens in IKEA... the fried kind! I MUUUSST have that for lunch tomorrow!

Wah, seems like you too work in spurt. The last I read your blog was still the "Ah....chooo..." Three post in a row! Wow!

iml said...

carcar
Lunch date is ON!!

Chris
Somehow Ikea has got it right cripy on the outside succulent and juicy on the inside.

HappySurfer said...

Great concept, meatout, though it'll take some getting used to. I don't mind greens but not the fake-meats that are normally made from flour.

iml said...

happysurfer
I agree with you. Going vegan means, in my opnion, to eat heartily fully accepting our choice NOT fooling ourselves with such thing call vegeterian meat!!!