Sunday, May 06, 2007

Papers


One mother vets through the papers every morning before she passes it to her 10 year old and 14 year old girls to read. Some days 2 to 3 pages missing and on a good day just a few missing cutouts. The father complained but the mother stands firm, they will not missed out on anything not reading those undesirable article. Yes, our children need to wake up and get real. Be aware of the wolves in sheeps clothing out there. But question is, do they need to know in such copious details? I strong think not.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That's going a bit overboard, don't you think? They're having free access to news from other sources after all, and these are teenage kids already.

pretzel said...

Agree with bernard.
I think you are just kidding yourself... Your kidz have access to internet and newspapers in the school and libraries.

iml said...

Bernard & Pretzel
Her deduction is simply. What you don't know, you won't be looking out for it.

pretzel said...

if my mom had done that to me during my school days, it would've made me even more curious, and go to the library everyday to check those missing pages or cutout boxes. And of course i won't go back home and tell her about this. :P

My parents did the reverse when my English dropped below 85% in Pri4... i was only allowed to watch the evening English and Chinese news on TV; and only allowed other tv programs on weekends/holidays... until my English score was back to >85% then got chance to bargain for more TV view time.

iml said...

pretzel:
I guess, she never thought of the repercussion. I have met her children, they are simply angels. During my days, I was an ardent listenner to shortwave. BBC & VOA

Anonymous said...

As far as parenting is concern, to each his or her own, I guess.

iml said...

Urrrrgh.....I'm being logged out of my own blog. Technical problem and it's been like one week!!!!!
Next stop, wordpress???

pretzel said...

try logging via:
http://www2.blogger.com/home

... see if it works...

iml said...

Pretzel
Thanks for infor. Tried that,but still unable to post. Guess, I'll have stay quiet for awhile.