Monday, November 06, 2006

Part time


After spending a week at home lounging around, MDS has gotten himself a part time job. At a nearby bakery. He started work this morning. This is definately better than the previous year where he spend 10 days moving around singapore selling book mark for donation. Me, a mean mum to encourage him to work? No. I think not. The school system in singapore has kept many students very busy 1st thing in the morning and staying back till late afternoon. Suddenly to have so much time in hand is definately hard to kill. On computer games, lounging in front of the television set, going for more enrichment courses or loafing around the malls is definately not my kind of programmes during the much deserved break. I am proud that he actually made an effort to look for a part-time job. I do hope he'll have the will power to stay on.

4 comments:

c a r c a r said...

mushroom?

Chris Sim said...

The boy made you proud. My son, who's 14, juz wanna hang out with friends all day. Lately, he highlighted his hair. It's a passing phase, I hope. Sigh.

iml said...

Carcar
Tiny cute mushrooms found in my flower pots.

Chris
Beneath it all, we all are very proud of our kids.

Las montañas said...

Working in the service industry is definitely a good experience!